Monday, November 23, 2009

the Anemone Grows

I have just graduated college, opened and closed the door on the Nashville-Music career I always wanted, lost the proximity to my good, dear friends off in other cities while simultaneously growing closer to my own family in Nashville. I have demi-started making roots in the town where I saw my life taking off, but now that my job will not require me to live in Music City, I wonder if it is too soon? Should I go back to school? Follow my friends? Or be close to my family for the rest of my life?

I'm scared to pick up and leave because that would mean I have made a decision about where my life is headed. But maybe this blog will give me the courage I need if that is where I am told to go. I am a fatalist, and I believe everything is for a reason. So yes, I want to believe God gives me signs. Even if it is on the techy godhead internet.

At this point, I am unclear what I want to do with my future, but I have lots of dreams. Dreams in every which direction, and those directions will sprout new inspired directions of dreamy dreams to inscribe on this blog. In very unspecific, romantic terms, I do know this: I want to live a full life the way the "anemone grows." I want to learn, love, foster, educate, create, and make things even more beautiful no matter what they are. I want to be the person responsible for making things good in my life and maybe someone else's too. We will see how that goes.

Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment